Hello, and thank you for visiting my website.
Prior to entering web development, I worked for about 10 years as an embedded C/C++ developer, and before that 2 years as a VLSI engineer at SGI. I graduated from the University of Washington with a Masters in Electrical Engineering.
Most of my clients are small businesses or start-ups with limited budgets and the need to create or improve their product quickly, usually in a matter of weeks or even days. Thus, I use an approach known as 'Agile'. Basically for the client this means site updates are delivered daily, sometimes multiple times per day, providing full transparency in how the work is progressing. This approach is a great match for web projects because the requirements of a site can shift fairly often in today's world, and flexibility as well as 'moving the needle' on the site on a weekly basis are both 'must-haves'.
- CMS/Frameworks: Yii, Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter, Zend Framework, Wordpress.
- Other programming languages: C (expert), C++ (advanced).
- Web Analytics Tools: Mixpanel, Google Analytics.
- Cloud Hosting: Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 & Load Balancing, Rackspace Cloud
- Version Control: github, mercurial, cvs
- Solid understanding of data structures, design patterns, computer and web architecture.
- Rapid prototype development using "Lean Startup" methodology & SCRUM.
- Highly proficient with Linux, MySQL, and Apache administration (including shell scripting & Linux command line, vi).
- Excellent debug/troubleshooting skills; expertise in Zend Debugger, Firebug, gdb, Visual Studio.
My hourly rate is $75 (1099). On request, I can provide references from past clients as well as my LinkedIn.
Please contact me by email or phone if you need help with a project. I typically work form home but I'm open to on-site work as well. I am based in Las Vegas but have strong ties to Los Angeles and can do on-site work anywhere in Southern California.